Cold as ice


Good afternoon! For today I have a blue tape mani for you. This was kind of an experiment, I was curious about how the tape pattern I had in mind would turn out.

The lighter blue you see is For Audrey, a China Glaze must-have. The color I used for the bars is a Hello Kitty polish from H&M named Turquoise Kitty, which again comes in a very cute bottle like other Hello Kitty polishes. The formula however really sucked, it was very thick and streaky, but Mr. Thinner fixed that for me :) Finally I mattified it with Essence Matt topcoat.

I'm not completely sure if I like this mani, maybe I should've left it shiny. I do think the tape pattern looks interesting, so I'll probably use it again in the future with more contrasting colors.

What's your opinion on this mani?

H&M Turquoise Kitty

16 comments

  1. wow!! I am impressed! you have such original ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so jealous of your hello kitty polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @rebecca: Haha, they sure are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning as always...lol i went with a blue mani today too =)))

    /hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks awesome mattified! I like the pattern too, a nice way of reinventing the tape mani.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so cool, I like matte finish with this mani.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have a great blog!

    About the Monthly Contest on my blog - it's just a simple giveaway, no extra conditions or anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I said when I saw this on the NB - love it! I love that it's a non-traditional tape mani too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! I'm not sure if I would prefer it shiny or not...I do like it matte because it's easier to see the detail.

    ReplyDelete