Japanese flowers


Hello dear readers, when I saw pictures of the yellow/green Japanese mani at Another Bottle of Polish, I knew I had to try it myself. The flower design was done so neatly, it was just perfect. So thank you to ABOP for the inspiration for this mani.

The background color is Catrice's I Sea You, a beautiful dusty turquoise. I picked H&M's Moody Model and a regular black creme for the flowers. To add a bit of spice I layered Galaxy Girl (Orly) over the black. Now I have to say this mani was a LOT more work than my usual (tape) manis, but it was going to be worth it. But after I had finished the flower design like was done at ABOP, it was just still missing something. It didn't stun me like my inspiration mani did, my nails looked so blank. That's why I drew gold lines around the flowers to fill up the gaps, also it looked more oriental now. As a finishing touch I also dotted the centers of the flowers with gold, the polish I used for this is China Glaze 2030. And now I actually like the result, it reminds of origami paper. Thanks for your time!

12 comments

  1. Omg!! this is beautiful. So stunning to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got your email. I love this! The gold detail is gorgeous - it looks like vintage porcelain/enamelware. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat and pretty, and good colour combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing! Mine would definitely not be that neat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing mani and combo... I love it!
    Greetings from a new follower ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog and I LOVE it!! This mani is sooo gorgeous and unique. I am going to feature this design on my blog as my pick for Nail of the Week. I hope that's okay! <33

    ReplyDelete
  7. excuse my language but, HOLY SHIT, I FUCKING LOVE THIS!

    *bookmarked*

    ReplyDelete