Strawberry Clover checkered mani


Hello there! First I want to say that I got the idea for a checkered mani from the talented Erika. She's done many beautiful checkered manis on her blog and everytime I saw pictures of them I couldn't stop staring, so now I've finally made my own!

The colors I used are both from China Glaze, that's Strawberry Fields and Four Leaf Clover. I just love the funky combo of bright pink and turquoise :) Also the gold shimmer in Strawberry Fields gives the whole a bit more depth. The checkers are made by placing strips of tape on the base color (in this case the pink), after that I applied Four Leaf Clover and then topped it with a coat of Seche Vite.

I really like the look and it's quite easy to achieve, so you might expect more of them in the future ;)

5 comments

  1. That's a great color combination! It looks very neat, too - I tried to do this once and my checkers were all wonky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zara, thanks :) The tape tends to get off a bit around the edges, so everytime you start polishing you have to press down the tape again for neat edges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this combo. I don't think I have four leaf clover but I'm sure I can find something similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this tape mani! You have such great ideas. Mine is not that neat and the edges were not very crisp. :| This is mine! :D

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2071258056125&set=a.1980640190735.119973.1085090347&type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete