OPI Russian Navy + two layering experiments

Hey guys! Yesterday I received my Ebay order of some polishes, including OPI Russian Navy. I'd seen many swatches of it on blogs and absolutely fell in love with the pink/red shimmer in it, which makes Russian Navy not just any navy. In the bottle it appears more like a blue-toned purple, but on the nail you can really see the true navy color. And the formula was good and it applied well. The thing with many OPI polishes is that the polish looks extremely sheer after the first coat, but somehow the second coat usually manages to make everything opaque, the same goes for Russian Navy.

OPI - Russian Navy

Of course I had to play with the rest of my haul too, my order also included Color Club's Ulterior Motive, which was very sheer on its own (3 to 4 coats for opacity) but wow, it's so pretty layered over darker colors! In the case of Russian Navy, it gives it a purple glow and enhances that beautiful pink/red shimmer I was talking about earlier. Ulterior Motive also has a gorgeous shimmer with pink and blue, but it's a lot more out there than the one in Russian Navy.

Russian Navy layered with Ulterior Motive

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Last Friday Night was leering at me from my desk. So one coat of Last Friday Night went on top of Russian Navy + Ulterior Motive, aaand more awesomeness was born... Can't you just look at it forever?! Thanks for reading again :)

Russian Navy + Ulterior Motive + Last Friday Night = huge amount of awesomeness

13 comments

  1. ah! now i need the first two polishes so i can recreate this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! this looks soo cool!
    and I'm definitely in love with your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, the end result is amazing :O !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Russian Navy is so pretty color but didn´t suit me :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys for the nice comments!

    @rebecca: You SO should :-P

    @sonidlo: :( I actually thought this colour would suit anybody, but I guess it also depends on your taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! You should definitely do some more layering posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Zara: Thanks! And I certainly will do more layering posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing! Must try it myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so awesome! I didn't realize Ulterior Motive was so sheer. I remember using 2 coats for opacity lol. Oh well, I will give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks awesome with Last Friday Night over! I have both of these colors and I am definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. echt supermooi allemaal, knap hoe je dat allemaal doet ! Loveit.

    ReplyDelete