China Glaze - Watermelon Rind


Hi guys! For today's post I want to show you China Glaze Watermelon Rind, a beautiful teal/green shimmer with microglitter. I love the color, both glossy and matt, and the application was fine. But there's a but, this polish is really sheer! I had to apply four coats of polish to get it opaque, which is one coat too many for me. Fortunately this is easily fixed by using a green base color underneath. And instead of seeing the sheerness as a con, why not as a pro? It looks pretty as a topcoat too! In the last picture you can see it layered over black. What do you think of Watermelon Rind?

Watermelon Rind mattified

13 comments

  1. Seeing it layared over black shows how sheer it actually is. I was hoping this colour would be slightly more opaque. Its still a very beautiful shade of green though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it over green matt
    kisses

    =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, I think the fact that it is sheer is a good thing. Layering is always a good option!! Love what you've done with the black! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful alone but even better as a topper! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over een zwart lakje is het echt prachtig, jou niet zo van groen op zichzelf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is totally ennoying to have to apply more than 2 coats. But it is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous color, I have nail polish envy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, now i need to wear this over black. or matte.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg, this is one of my favorite polishes that i own! your swatch of it is lovely, and i'm going to have to try it matte!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks fabulous!!
    although, if it wasn't THAT sheer would be nice...anyways, your mattified version is awesome!
    the name reminds me of a cow though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this color! It was actually my first China Glaze.

    ReplyDelete