G.I. Jane


Hi guys! Today I showed you H&M's Hunt Me Down, a nice muted, army green. To complete the military look I added some black crackle. The one I used is Black Magic (#311) from Barry M Nail Effects, which is the only crackle polish I own! But I'm really starting to like crackle polishes more and more, so next crackle on the wishlist is probably OPI's Silver Shatter...

Anyhow, I like the way this mani turned out, it's fun and edgy and so easy to make. Hunt Me Down just needed one coat and if you've worked with crackles before, you know they dry right in front of your eyes. Of course I could've applied crackle on the whole nail, but I chose to do half only (by taping off the other half.) That way I could still see lots of the beautiful green :) And that's pretty much it, thanks for stopping by!

11 comments

  1. I love this green, I loved the military fashion trend -Great mani !

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool! i don't have any colors like this. might have to add one to my collection.

    and ps - no i don't clean my dotting tool after every dot. once it starts to get dried up on the tool i wipe it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that the crackle is a matte finish, it looks so cool contrasted against the shiny green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you did crackle on only party of the nail. Great base colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! such a gorgeous green!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW! It looks so cool! I have this polish too, but I haven't really tried it yet. I loved your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like this idea. Hunt Me Down is coming to me soon, so I'll try out this look :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea. I don't usually like crackle but with just a touch of it I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. pleeeeeeez, post the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Anonymous: It's very simple :-) I applied my basecolor and let it dry, then I placed a tape strip diagonally on my nail and applied the crackle polish. Remove the tape strip right away and that's it!

    ReplyDelete