Friday, May 20, 2011

Superhero nails


Hi guys! On my previous lightning bolt manis I got many comments saying how they have a superhero quality, I really liked the comparison and I do have a thing for stereotypical superhero outfits ;) You know, with the bold colors and graphical patterns. So for today I made actual, intentional superhero nails. And yes, I used my last lightning bolt mani to achieve this look ;) The colors I picked are Diamond Cosmetics Blue Bell, China Glaze Millenium and a red shimmer from Etos, a Dutch drugstore. I really like how it turned out, I think it definitely says superhero! Hahah. This mani would probably work well too with the MAC Wonderwoman polishes, but with a gold lightning bolt in the middle instead of silver. Unfortunately I don't own those cute polishes, but I'll live :) Anyway, hope you guys like it and have a great weekend!


25 comments:

  1. Awesome, you should do a tutorial for this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely my favorite lightning bolt of the series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the superhero nails! Awesomely crisp lines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to do this mani when I go to 6 Flags !
    I really like Blue Bell, its a nice blue but not in your face -I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every one of these lightning bolt designs you do, I like a little more than the one before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe, this is a real cool combi!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow I love this! Reminds me of wonder woman!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. i said to add pink but i like this combo way better! haha.
    your tape skills are so perfect. it's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha... I love it. Reminds me of Captain America actually!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. answer: Yeah, the blue one is really pretty! love the glitter in it!
    Yes! It's actually two of the new tld polishes! sneek peek here: http://nailitblog.tumblr.com/post/5676672213/tl-design-taj-mahal#notes :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS!!!!! I envy your ability!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WONDERWOMAN ! (: I love these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love love it :) so perfect

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys, thanks for your sweet, lovely, awesome comments! I loved reading them all and loved the comparisons of Wonder Woman and Captain America. I totally agree!

    @Jackie S.: Thanks! As you might have seen, I already have a tutorial for the plain lightning bolt, but I'll do another one soon for the double version :-)

    @rebecca: Pink would have been awesome too!! But by the time you suggested that, I'd already added the red, hahah

    ReplyDelete
  15. This might be my favorite one! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...