Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cool skittle

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing fine. For this post I have a skittle to share with you from some time ago. I was playing around with some cool toned colors, trying to find an interesting color scheme, and these are the polishes that I used:

China Glaze - For Audrey
Essence - Tryin' To Be Cool
China Glaze - Secret Peri-winkle
Essence - Movie Star

Then I used my favorite chunky glitter topper from Essence: Blaire! I love the different sizes of glitter and they're even prettier when they're mattified! Speaking of matt, I just bought a new matt topcoat from Claire's and I used this opportuntity to try it out (see last picture). But I think I'll stick to my #1 matt topcoat from Essence, the finish from the one from Claire's is more satin-like and that's just not matt enough for me ;)

I do feel like the combination of colors I used is a bit odd, but at the end of the day it's not that terrible, right? Hahah. What do you guys think of it?


  1. I like it, that topper is really pretty. I think he more satin matte polish could be cool for certain looks though! I can't believe I haven't tried my secret periwinkle, it is so pretty I really need to!

  2. i'm really diggin it with the matte top coat! very party-y!

  3. I really like the matted out version :D

  4. I think that the combination is perfect! And I just love For Audrey!

  5. So pretty! Matte glitters look gorgeous!

  6. I really like it! It looks even better matte, so nice that you're making me want to invest in some matte topcoat! :D

  7. I like both but I like the one with the glitter bether because it ties all together!

  8. Nice combination of colours! I bought this Essence topper too, and I can't wait to try it on :)

  9. I just gave you the Best Blogger Award, you can see all about it in my last post. :)

  10. Are you kidding? I love it! The glitter and matte look pull it all together very nicely. It looks great! I might have to try something like this sometime soon.

  11. Whoa, your nails are gorgeous and so is your blog. Love it!

  12. Thank you everyone for your sweet comments!

    @Sarah E.: I guess you're right :) Oooh, you'll love Secret-Peri-Winkle! At first I didn't like it very much, but now I'm like "Who WOULDN'T love it?!" Haha

    @Jeez Trendz: Aww, thanks :) For Audrey really is gorgeous, a China Glaze classic I say!

    @theyorkshiredarling: Ooh, you should try it! :) It's such a fun and easy way to transform your mani into someting different!

    @Elsa P.: You'll LOVE it ;-)

    @Sandra: Thank you for the award!!

    @Kirsten: Thanks you! :)

    @nihrida: Thanks so much! You're one of my nail idols, haha so I'm so proud to have a comment from you on my blog :D


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...