Cool skittle


Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing fine. For this post I have a skittle to share with you from some time ago. I was playing around with some cool toned colors, trying to find an interesting color scheme, and these are the polishes that I used:

China Glaze - For Audrey
Essence - Tryin' To Be Cool
China Glaze - Secret Peri-winkle
Essence - Movie Star

Then I used my favorite chunky glitter topper from Essence: Blaire! I love the different sizes of glitter and they're even prettier when they're mattified! Speaking of matt, I just bought a new matt topcoat from Claire's and I used this opportuntity to try it out (see last picture). But I think I'll stick to my #1 matt topcoat from Essence, the finish from the one from Claire's is more satin-like and that's just not matt enough for me ;)


I do feel like the combination of colors I used is a bit odd, but at the end of the day it's not that terrible, right? Hahah. What do you guys think of it?

14 comments

  1. I like it, that topper is really pretty. I think he more satin matte polish could be cool for certain looks though! I can't believe I haven't tried my secret periwinkle, it is so pretty I really need to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm really diggin it with the matte top coat! very party-y!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the matted out version :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the combination is perfect! And I just love For Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Matte glitters look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like it! It looks even better matte, so nice that you're making me want to invest in some matte topcoat! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both but I like the one with the glitter bether because it ties all together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice combination of colours! I bought this Essence topper too, and I can't wait to try it on :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just gave you the Best Blogger Award, you can see all about it in my last post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you kidding? I love it! The glitter and matte look pull it all together very nicely. It looks great! I might have to try something like this sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa, your nails are gorgeous and so is your blog. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone for your sweet comments!

    @Sarah E.: I guess you're right :) Oooh, you'll love Secret-Peri-Winkle! At first I didn't like it very much, but now I'm like "Who WOULDN'T love it?!" Haha

    @Jeez Trendz: Aww, thanks :) For Audrey really is gorgeous, a China Glaze classic I say!

    @theyorkshiredarling: Ooh, you should try it! :) It's such a fun and easy way to transform your mani into someting different!

    @Elsa P.: You'll LOVE it ;-)

    @Sandra: Thank you for the award!!

    @Kirsten: Thanks you! :)

    @nihrida: Thanks so much! You're one of my nail idols, haha so I'm so proud to have a comment from you on my blog :D

    ReplyDelete