Flower design for inspiration contest


Hi everyone, lately I've been busy, busy, busy... 'Cause the franken contest at More Nail Polish isn't the only contest I've entered, Swaafie also hosted one for which you had to let your design be inspired by something.

So this is my entry. I was inspired by a little tin can with flowers I have. The can is empty but I just had to buy it because it was so cute and I loved the colors so much. It looks very cheerful and summery so it was a suiting inspiration for this time of the year. The colors and the flower pattern are what makes the can so nice to look at, so I wanted to capture that on my nails but without being too literal. Later I added purple rhinestones, I think they compliment the design and are just within the limits of cute instead of tacky, haha. What do you think?
About the contest: only a few entries will be presented to the judges who will pick the winner. But before that can happen everyone can vote who should be part of those few. So check out all the entries and vote for your favorite three designs. You don't have to be a GFC follower in order to vote. Thanks for reading!


UPDATE: I'm proud to let you know my entry won first prize in the contest! Thanks so much if you voted for it, it wouldn't have won without you! The prize is awesome and of course I'll share the pretties here with you all :)

Before the rhinestones

29 comments

  1. i'm glad you added the rhinestones. voted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty and colourful. I also prefer it with the rhinestones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute, who would thought that you can find inspiration on a food can ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute and one of the three I voted for x

    ReplyDelete
  5. voted for you!!! and i LOVEEEE this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, i love it!

    www.bethscircus.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, so cute! I think I like it better without the rhinestones, but I really like the addition of the purple that the rhinestones give.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! And I like it better with the rhinestones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So freakin cute! I wish I had your skills and creativity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute manicure ! I love the color combo .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog, I love your designs--and this one is incredibly fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, this one is just too adorable for words. Definitively voting for it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehehe, without knowing this design was from you, I voted for this!!! I LOVE these colours soooo much! If theres a piece of clothing with this design, I'll definitely buy it;p

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the design and colors and your take on it! Never seen a "funky french" like that before. Would look great on a pedicure too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ciekawa inspiracja :) podoba mi się
    pozdrwaim

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute Jane --You did such a great job, and I love your inspiration!

    Good Luck (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really nice job! Love the colors, they go so well together, its exactly like your inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just found your blog through this entry. it is srsly amazeballs! good luck in winning the contest from your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, so many lovely reactions! Thanks so much and also if you voted for me :-D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh I just love this sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love it! not tacky at all ... i want to try this !!

    ReplyDelete
  22. omgosh, this is soooooo cute!!! I love your manis EVERY SINGLE TIME! :)

    Can you please do a tutorial for this one?? Maybe modified a bit for shorter nails? :)

    ReplyDelete