OPI The "It" Color + black crackle


Hi everybody, recently I ordered some OPI polishes and one of those was OPI The "It" Color. I'm a huge OPI fan, with a weakness for their amazing glitter polishes but their cremes are wonderful as well, so lately I've been collecting more of those. I love their formula and the handy brush. The "It" Color had been a lemming for a while. I was searching for a pretty, warm and wearable yellow that would also apply nicely, which usually isn't the case with yellows. I had high hopes for The "It" Color, since I heard its application was pretty okay for a yellow and that it would cover in two coats. Too bad that's not the case with mine :-( The formula was alright, but I can't say the same for the application. No matter how careful I was with applying the polish, it kept leaving bald spots. After three coats it got less but the spots were still subtly visible here and there. So to hide those I added a black crackle from Barry M which made it better, yay :) I wish The "It" Color was as perfect as other OPI cremes, like Jade Is The New Black or Suzi Says Feng-Shui, but sadly it isn't. However I do love the warm, almost orange, yellow color. So I'll definitely give it another try soon and hopefully I can take all the bad words I said about it back then. What about you guys, have you found your perfect yellow yet?

9 comments

  1. Sorry this polish turned out bad. I hate it when that happens, especially with brands that you pay a small fortune for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently bought "Need Sunglasses" also a bright yellow cream by O.P.I. maybe it is more to your taste applicationwise?
    By the way loving the yellow with the black crackle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found my perfect yellow polish, but it's a local brand.
    But your nails look really awesome, black and yellow look so cute together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catrice - Bye Bye Birdy! and Essence - Mellow Yellow are great! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the crackle overtop! I have a few yellows but the application is wonky for all of them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woow, I like this crazy yellow color, and black crackle coat is great addition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love China Glaze Sun Worshiper although it looks like it might be a bit more orange-ish than this one, but it's great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, if any yellow doesn't cover after first or second coat just add a few drops of white to it! it won't change the color, just make it more opaque. ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete