Blue stars


Hello everyone :-) Today I have an older mani with blue stars to show you. I was very excited to make another starry mani with my new Essence stamping plate (called Be Creative!), after liking the gold version so much. Because Orly Sweet Peacock is such a striking blue and has a foil finish, which often covers very well, I picked that color to fill in my stars. The result didn't turn out as awesome as I hoped though, the blue was very subtle so the star shapes weren't so noticable, I mainly saw blurry, shimmery spots of blue when Iooked at my nails from a distance. Quite interesting, but not enough to keep the mani on for very long. I am loving that stamping plate though, so it probably won't be long till I'm doing yet another star pattern look ^^

30 comments

  1. Ik vind toch dat het een mooi resultaat is geworden :) Je bent echt zo creatief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que lindo que ficou.. :)

    Beijos..
    http://cassiakizzy.blogspot.com/2012/01/unhas-velhas-vii.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. No this is definitely still awesome. :) I'm really hesitant about those types of blues (too bright for me, lol) but this shows a totally different side of them that I'd never thought to try! I think this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heel erg mooi! Die blauwe kleur van Orly ziet er ook prachtig uit :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks neat! I'd love to see you try it with a brighter blue too, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang. Now I want that stamping plate. No. Scratch that. I need that stamping plate. What a great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved the gold stars but think i might actually prefer the blue! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! ^-^ Magician nails!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the first star-mani and I love this second one too! I must get this plate, but here it hasn't arrived in stores yet, I wonder if it ever will :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stars! I'll have to look for that plate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That stamping plate is amazing, I don't know why other brands don't have the same image. This is a lovely manicure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too bad the blue didn't stand out enough, in the pictures it looks awesome. Maybe matte topcoat would have helped?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm dying to get my hands on that plate, I love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this, more subtle effect

    ReplyDelete
  15. I reckon they look dark and mysterious. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. can you show us your essence pattern plate? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oops, ok, you have already shown this :) sorrryyyy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. *head cocks to side*

    Oh.

    My.

    Gosh.

    I LOVE your nails!!!! :D :D :D

    ~Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your blog and you inspire me thanks u

    http://lescouleursdepomme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete