Sending You A Lightning Bolt


Hi folks! I missed having pink polish on my nails and wasn't ready for my next challenge yet, so I'll be squeezing a couple of pink posts in between the 31 Day Challenge. For this mani I used two coats of my new favorite pink Sending You Kisses from Essence's limited Ready For Boarding collection. The silver is Essence Romeo, the shimmer version. Lately I've been really getting addicted to this 'new' form of a lightning bolt. I don't know why I particularly like lightning bolts so much. Perhaps it's the fierce shape, or the comic feel. Whatever it is, I'm not done with them yet! :-P Anyhow, unlike the lightning bolt French and double lightning bolt, this fellow has a vertical and diverting shape. So refreshing after having done so many horizontal ones. And yes, a tutorial is on its way. ;-) So stay tuned!

P.S. I didn't notice how cruel the title of this post actually sounds when I first came up with it, but I'm sticking with this silly wordplay anyway, hee hee.

24 comments

  1. I LOVE this color! I wonder if we'll get the Ready for Boarding collection in the US... I hope so! I'm also a really big fan of the vertical lightning bolt. I wish I had more patience for tape manis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This red is so bright!
    Nice design too!
    xxx
    Stella from A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the positioning of the lightening bolt, pretty mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love this mani! Pink and a silver lightning bolt - perfect! :D Now, I just need to do one in red + silver for a Harry Potter themed party.... XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The silver looks fantastic! I always love how your lightning manis turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait for the tutorial - i hope it's easy - I had a tough time with the normal lightning bolt as it was :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Seeing you use this pink, it's made me miss China Glaze Ahoy!
    I think I need to pull that out for tonight's mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahahahahah I laugh for your title :D
    p.s. wonderful mani! *Mary90*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! It's very fierce! And the pink color is amazing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love your ALL of your lightning bolts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colour, the accent nail looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hee Jane, jouw blog is echt suuuper leuk! ben hem gister tegengekomen heb gelijk het ene nailart met de clouds uitgeprobeerd, super leuk en gaaf dat jij er geduld voor hebt! mooie creaties!! erg bedankt! Gr X Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. This color is so cute. I love the lightning bolt, I have to try it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, ik vond de titel wel wat hebben! Geweldig weer, echt wauw. Ben benieuwd naar de tutorial. ^^ Ook vind ik de kleurencombinatie lovely, doet mij aan Nicki Minaj denken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it-- simple, but stunning! And your lines are always so cleannnn!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your accent nail!
    There´s an award for you in my blog!It´s: "Blog con corazón", which means "Blog with heart".
    Your Blog is one of the first Nail Art Blogs I discovered and you know I love it! So, for me, it has a great heart!!
    This award don´t have the rule to nominate others, but I´ve nominated my first Nail Art Blogs.
    It comes with a tag: just tell five things you like and five things you dislike.
    Love,
    Lillibit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. dear Jean, I want to show you the nail essence "where is the party?", try it, and tell me ;) it's cangiant between green and violet :) *Mary 90*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please do tutorial. Love this mani

    ReplyDelete