31 Day Challenge, day 12: Stripes


Hello readers! It's time for my 12th challenge of the 31 Day Challenge, which is stripes! I super love stripes, they make such an incredibly simple but effective graphic pattern. For this challenge, however, I didn't feel very inspired, so I went for trusty random stripes that I made with a striper polish; Janet #119). The design isn't new on this blog, but in the end I was surprisingly happy with the look. I could just stare all day at these nails, just because of the combination of two different finishes... Oh, well, at least I know some of you guys can appreciate that as well! ;-) The lovely matte basecolor is Orly's Purple Pleather, which I used two to three coats of. Thanks for reading!

24 comments

  1. This is really gorgeous. Matte + shiny always does it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stripes are such a simple, yet fun look! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this :) Simple but gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For as simple as you say they are, your stripes always look amazing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice!! Lovely combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a lovely combination, and I love the matte to shiny look too! Such a sweet & simple mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Club Nail Polish loves this.. nice pics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Orly's Purple Pleather is such a pretty polish :) lovely with the shimmer stripes. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!! Can you do a tutorial on how to paint your nails so perfectly?? Mine always come out uneven and messy :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE IT!!! beautiful job! love the blue stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you are talented in this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely combo, the colors fit so well.
    Xo, http://missycosmeticos.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  13. the mix of shimmer and matte finish is indeed awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with goodlacknail that the shimmer and matte polish makes this look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stripes looks good on every nails...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice look! :D Loved the color combination.

    ReplyDelete